Aston Villa Football Club
Aston Villa Football Club identified a need for their Chief Executive and Senior Management team to undertake a refresher day of Equality and Diversity Training.
It was highlighted that the facilitating company must be able to offer a more robust, innovative and bespoke level of training, generating practical outcomes that met the needs of AVFC
Cultiv8 Solutions were referred as the most suitable organisation to meet the objectives above, based on individual referrals provided by West Bromwich Building Society and Matthew Boulton College.
It was felt that our grass roots knowledge, dynamic and 'out of the box' approach to Diversity, could help to increase both social advantage in the marketplace and commercial productivity
After an initial consultation, Joel Graham-Blake, MD of Cultiv8 Solutions personally:
This role included:
- Delivered a bespoke One Day Equality and Diversity Training Course, to twelve senior managers at Aston Villa Football Club.
- Provided Executive Coaching sessions to the Chief Executive of Aston Villa Football Club.
- Became an consultant advisor to the AVFC Villa in Harmony Committee (Equality), improving their engagement with individuals from wider communities.
Through his support, Aston Villa Football Club achieved the Intermediate Level of the Racial Equality standard, administered by the FA.
- One to One confidential Coaching with senior management members and Villa in Harmony Committee members.
- Monitoring and evaluating progress on specific outputs created through the Villa in Harmony campaign.
- Advising and facilitating the continued delivery of diversity training to staff
Former Chief Executive of AVFC Richard Fitzgerald, stated:
"Thank you very much for what I felt was a highly inspiring senior management training session. The message of Equality and Diversity was delivered well; I was very impressed with the response from our senior management team to your exercises and your insights to me".
Aston Business School
Aston Business School had found that a number of students, from their Business Management courses, were lacking the motivation to find a suitable work placement - this is a statutory requirement of the degree courses identified.
Having researched a number of options, Aston Business School contacted Cultiv8 Solutions, to offer energetic, inspirational and empowering Personal Development support to the students.
Aston Business School wanted a programme of activities to be created and designed specifically for those students who were at risk of failing their degree, but delivered in a way that they could all engage and interact in without the fear of ridicule.
After meeting to discuss the initial brief, Joel Graham-Blake, MD of Cultiv8 Solutions was asked to deliver:
- A series of bespoke Motivational Workshops to 25 placement students based on a pre-assessment of their current issues and barriers.
- Advice & Guidance to placement staff as required.
- 15 of the students that attended the workshops, subsequently identified and are currently on a 12 month work placement of their choice and are on course to complete their degree as desired.
- Joel Graham-Blake was asked to become a Placement Mentor to 7 of the students.
- Joel was also asked to deliver a staff training on Inter-culturalism to staff members from Aston Business School.
- Joel has also been asked by Aston Business School, to continue paid mentorship of placement students for the next three years.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham had identified a need to use more innovative approaches of ensuring the effective integration of Diversity, Equality & CSR strategies.
Cultiv8 Solutions were asked to identify and recommend practical ways of implementing new methods of meeting the above objectives, based on a grass roots understanding of identified issues, as part of their overall review.
It was decided that the results of the consultative and recommendation process would be put into practice, within the largest department of the University.
After meeting to discuss the initial brief, Joel Graham-Blake, MD of Cultiv8 Solutions provided the University of Birmingham with:
- One to One Executive Coaching in Diversity for Ten Senior Managers.
- Consultancy and recommendations of best practice to the Department identified.
- Joel Graham-Blake was asked to provide a further Nine Months Executive Coaching to the Director of the supported department (accountable for over 850 staff members) to help the implementation of suggested recommendations.
- The department were able to build new relationships with local communities.
- Senior management staff felt more informed and were less fearful of exploring genuine ignorance's, with diverse colleagues in the future.
- The University have enhanced their international reputation through their support of a number of activities and events, created by people from the region's diverse communities.